Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Matarawa Cats

by Rhondda Greig

Book week has begun and I'm sharing a poem by Rhondda Greig with some of the classrooms closest to our room.  The language used by Rhondda Greig is descriptive, musical and creative.  I love the way she describes Matarawa, the cats and all their activities.  I especially love her phrasing and choice of vocabulary. Do you have a favourite page? 

Ears, tails, claws, all dressed in black.  What are you wearing on Friday?

Room 15 is dressing up as Matarawa cats for the character parade on Friday.  Do you have your black clothes, ears and tails ready??



14 comments:

  1. My mum is already buying the whole costume :)
    Phillip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Phillip. Great organisation. - Miss Skipper

      Delete
  2. I have my ears ready miss skipper Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my cat ears miss skipper -zuhenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! I'm glad you're so organised. - Miss Skipper

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot of people have cat ears Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. i might buy my cat ears today miss skipper -jamal

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont got my cat ears now Dilawar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your book charatrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia ora Whaea Kelly! We have the Matarawa Cats poem STUCK in our heads! It is so good. Thank you for sharing it with us in our class and on your blog.

    Aroha nui,

    Te Akomanga Tekau mā Whitu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you all love it as much as I do. It's just so good !!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.